The Puppet Theatre in Tambov is the place where children can find themselves in the wonderland. This house has its own history.
Tambov Puppet Theatre dates back to the year of 1930 when school №6 organized an amateur club of puppeteers. The heads of the club were Natalya Efimova, a teacher of drawing and drafting and her husband, artist Alexander Efimov. Other specialists were also involved int he management of the club. The club members made stage scenery, puppets, stage equipment with their own hands. The results ended up worth of the hard work. On January, 4th, 1934 the professional puppet theatre received the tittle of state entertainment centre. On November, 27th, 1938 it changed its name to Tambov regional puppet theatre.
The war interrupted the work of the theatre: many of those who worked there had to go to the front. Those who stayed worked with schoolchildren and performed in hospitals. Tambov Puppet Theatre opened its doors again in 1944 making children and adults happy by their amazing performance.
After the major overhaul, the theatre looked better. Marble stairs, colorful stained-glass windows, smart stucco moldings picturing the scenes from Russian tales on the walls, glass displays with amazing puppets – all this introduces a child into the world of fairy tales, the world of wonders, even before the beginning of the performance. Comfortable auditorium is equipped with convertible seats that can be adjusted to the height.
Tambov Puppet Theatre continues making its audience happy with new shows, interesting projects, its creative work that brings children and adults together helping them to believe in a fairy-tale.